What types of problems does a psychologist treat?
Individuals seeking help from a clinical psychologist usually require assistance with both assessment and/or treatment of problems or certain conditions. Clients may present with various problems or symptoms for example:
- Attention-Deficit and Disrupted Behaviour Disorder (including ADHD)
- Substance-Related Disorders (Including Alcohol, Nicotine, and Drugs)
- Schizophrenia and other Psychotic Disorders
- Mood Disorder (Including Depressive Disorders and Bipolar Disorders)
- Anxiety Disorders (Including Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Panic attacks, Phobias and Obsessive- Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Personality Disorder (Including Antisocial-, Narcissistic-, Avoidant- and Borderline personality disorder)